What educational programmes does IB offer?
- Primary Years Programme (PYP) is for the students of 3-12 years old.
- Middle Years Programme (MYP) is for the students of 11-16 years old.
- Diploma Programme (DP) is for the students of 16-19 years old.
- Career-related Programme (CP) is for the students of 16-19 years old.
The IB Primary Years Programme prepares students to become active, caring, lifelong learners who demonstrate respect for themselves and others and have the capacity to participate in the world around them. It focuses on the development of the whole child.
The IB Middle Years Programme is a challenging framework that encourages students to make practical connections between their studies and the real world, the MYP is inclusive by design; students of all interests and academic abilities can benefit from their participation.
The Diploma Programme is aims to develop students who have excellent breadth and depth of knowledge – students who flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically.
Common features of the Programmes
All the Programmes
- include a wide and balanced range of knowledge from different areas such as languages, humanitarian and natural sciences, technologies, mathematics, art.
- place particular emphasis on language acquisition and communicative skills development.
- provide an opportunity to take part in interdisciplinary learning.
- focus on development of thinking and research skills (Inquiry Program — Approaches to Learning — Theory of Knowledge)
- provide students an opportunity of individual and collaborative planning and research (PYP Exhibition — Personal project — Extended Essay)
- include the component of community service requiring action and reflection (Action — Community and Service — Creativity. Action. Service)
Steps of development of International School in Novie Veshki
- 2014 — Our school became «Interested school» (PYP Programme)
- 2015 — Our school became «Candidate school» (PYP Programme)
- 2018 — Our primary school and preschool team completed training and became accredited IB PYP experts
- 2018-2019 — Our school is becoming an authorised IB World School (PYP Programme)
- 2019 — Our school is becoming «Interested school» (DP Programme)
- 2020 — Our school is becoming «Candidate school» (DP Programme)
- 2022 — Our school is becoming an authorised IB World School (DP Programme)